Living so far away from family sure is the pits sometimes. But it does have its perks too! My mom was so sweet that she came to spend 3 solid weeks here with me in the cold and miserable Iowa winter. She flew on thanksgiving day (a 12+ hour day of travel) just so that she could make sure that I survived as a new mom while Dave was trying to survive his 3rd year of Dental School superblock rotation. I can't even express how grateful I am that she did this. Not only will it be a sweet memory that I will always cherish, but those "mommy blues" that they talk about are OH so for real.
She helped with dinner, gave me much needed rest, and taught me tricks on how to soothe a screaming baby that still work! Who knew that a running faucet would be so mesmerizing??
While she was here we tried to do a little sight seeing. We took her to the Dental School and also to go see Captain Kirk's future birthplace in Riverside, IA!
I'm pretty sure the above picture was my mom's favorite part of the Star Trek museum. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment