David and I have had so many things that we have been up to lately... we've just been running around like crazy!
On thursday, my boss Gary invited us to the Farmers Merchant Banquet. This is put on by the chamber of commerce and it includes a silent and live auction. We bid on one item for the silent auction, it included a gift certificate for the local vet clinic... and Little Miss needs her second set of shots in a week or so... unfortunately, we were not the highest bidder! But there were some other really cool items up for the live auction, like lift tickets and hotel room stay for skiing in jackson hole! we didn't bid, though, we figure that we will have plenty of time for that when we are rolling in the benjamins...
On friday, David and I had a MUCH needed date night!! This was so exciting for me... because I sure have missed my husband lately. I know what you might think, but any wife of a college student reading this will know exactly what I'm talking about. Our husbands may be home, but they are not really home. Their heads are tied into books that talk about kidney functions and other systems in our body that I can't even say, let alone spell. We went to quiznos... which I love, and then to see a movie! We went to see Gulliver's Travels... which, was okay. Not my favorite Jack Black movie by any means.
Nothing can, nor will ever, be greater than "did you not tell him they were the Lord's chips?"
Anyhoo, today David studyed in the morning for his physics exam, and then went and took the exam while I cleaned and hung out with Little Miss. After his test we went to see the Bar J Wranglers! Yee Haw!! We sure had a rompin' good time! Yer Darn Tootin!! and then we had Skyler and Brooke Romriell come over and play some games! Their little Preston is such a dang cutie. He and Little Miss just had so much fun! Which is nice... because we need something, or someone, to run Little Miss around so that she sleeps better at night.
Then, I was delighted to read my sister, Jens, blog post about her darling girls. I miss them. I can't wait to be closer in July!! You can witness their cuteness here.
Next is a GIRLS only paragraph.... so boys, quit reading!
Happy news today!! Aunt Flo has returned! Well, I wouldn't necessarily call her Flo... more like... Aunt... trickle? Is that TMI? Gosh, I don't remember the last time I had a full on need-to-change-my-product-every-4-hours flow. But, I am just glad I am getting something. My last one was in September... 6 months ago!!! Just glad to see I got some girl left in me. :)
Oh I am so excited for you!!! We need to get together ASAP
ReplyDelete