I have been doing some really fun things that have been keeping me quite busy!! Which is awesome... because I find myself with a lot of time on my hands when Dave is doing schoolwork.
But, the first thing that I was up to was helping my friends Carrien and Hannah plan our dear friend Audrey's baby shower! (she is so cute pregnant!) I was in charge of making the party favors. I went to Wal Mart with Dave and was determined to not leave that store until I found something that I could put some pastel colored jelly beans in. David is so funny and so easily distracted. Finally I had to stop him and ask him what I can put these in, and he goes "uhh.... baby food jars?" DUH!!!!!!! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? genius. pure genius. I went home and came out with these....
Here's a picture of them all together
But the truly amazing creation of the party was the entire table put together. It was SO beautiful!! Carrien hand made those AMAZING cupcakes and Hannah did the dipped pretzels and the diaper cake. I hope Audrey had fun, because we had fun creating it!
So as everybody knows, or at least most, that David is taking the DAT on April 18th. He has been SO swamped this semester. It seems like we hardly ever get out. He has his head in books from morning to night. I just know that he is stressing out. Not only about his classes but that HUGE DAUNTING test that is quickly approaching. Seriously, the classes that he is in eat up SO much of time. He just can't study for the DAT as much as he would like to. SO, in hopes to help relieve some stress, I came up with these....
I took all of his DAT study books and created these daily study tests for him to take. There is a question for Math, Biology, Organic Chemisty, and General Chemistry. We know that these are not going to replace the actual studying for the DAT, but I figure, if he can at least do one of these a day, he won't lose all of the chemistry/biology information that is stored in his noggin!!
ALSO! We booked a cruise!!!!!!!! YAY!! I actually get to leave this country and go somewhere OTHER than Canada! David has been DYING to take me to Mexico ever since we met. So to celebrate graduation we are going on a 7 day cruise to Mexico. We are going to port out of Long Beach, CA. I thought it would be a good idea to fly into CA two days early and go to DISNEYLAND before we embark on our voyage. I've never been to Disneyland. But anybody that truly knows me would agree when I say that this place is probably the home that I've never been to. It just screams my name.
OK. Here are some long awaited recent pictures of Little Miss. We got her groomed on Wednesday. I know that you can't tell... she's rowdy and rampunctious and has wild hair.







Is he taking a prep course? I think my brother used Kaplan, and he did pretty well... Hate to break it to ya, but the stress never ends! There will always be a big test. My dad is in his fifties and is still taking tests. I think he's a masochist. Anyway, at least you have each other :) Also, cutest dog ever! *B
ReplyDeletehahahaa funny picture of lil Lucy :)
ReplyDeleteYay... a cruise! So exciting :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative. I miss doing things like that. I just find I don't have the time now and it is harder for me to keep the girls away from that stuff. I have to plan Julies baby shower soon. Maybe I can get some ideas from you. Lucy is so cute! You guys are going to have such a fun time on your cruise! You two will have so much fun in Disneyland! You have to go.
ReplyDelete