It's been awhile... and so much has been going on!
David only has two weeks left of his first year in Dental School. He had his White Coat ceremony early in May and his parents flew out from WA to be there for it. The White Coat is a symbolic event and it is given to the dental students right before they start seeing patients. One of the great things about the University of Iowa is that they really get you into the clinics as soon as possible. In fact, I have already been a patient of David's! The first patients that they see are for a prophylaxis, which means a "cleaning" to the rest of us. Then at the beginning of his second year he will start seeing patients for fillings. It is so exciting! It was just such a great moment to sit in that dental chair and have David do my cleaning. He was using all of the nonsense jargon that you hear at the dentist and don't understand a word they say. His dreams are really happening, and it is so exciting!
For the past 4 years I have been working as a Commercial Lines CSR at a small insurance agency in Rexburg, ID, Archibald Insurance Center. When they knew that I was moving (because Dave had graduated) they asked if I would continue to work from home for them... and that was such a blessing! Especially since we were planning on house-sitting for Davids parents in Leavenworth, WA and there are NO jobs in that area. As we moved to Iowa I continued to work from home for Archibald and it was really wonderful. But, days were long and I was lonely. I missed people interaction. I had way too many conversations with our dog than I would like to admit! So, I felt like I was ready for a change, but it had to be the right change. I looked on Career Builder only a handful of times. I was looking for something within 5 minutes of my home and with good benefits. Then, I saw that they were opening claims management company... literally, THREE minutes from my house. So, I checked it out. I sent in my resume. The next day, I got a call for an interview. I applied for an entry level position because I didn't want to shoot higher than what I was ready for. In my interview the gal told me that based on my experience and how the interview was going at that point that I was better suited for a higher position. Which is awesome! And really, I should have applied for it in the first place. I have 7 years experience in the insurance industry. To make this long story short (too late) I got the job! I am elated. I think it will be a really, really good thing for me. David can spend all of his time at school and studying without having to worry about me home alone all day long.
I start in a week and I am excited for what this new adventure will bring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment