On Friday we heard that our local radio station was giving away tickets to the show, so I told Dave that I was going to listen ALL day long and I was GOING to WIN. I was determined I was going to win. So I waited until I heard the Maroon 5 song and I then I started dialing. Here's how it went... busy, busy, busy, #8, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, #61, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy NUMBER 98. I had to be caller 100 to win. I was SO upset when he said caller 98! Called again. Busy. Called again... IT WAS RINGING!!! Then I heard someone on the other line say "Hello, who am I talking to?" It was right here that I realized I was CALLER 100!!!!!!!! I was freaking out. I SCREAMED into the phone. First of all, I have to say, I am SO GLAD that I was NOT on the air at this time. Because the DJ LITERALLY had to silence me to tell me that I had not WON anything. Yet. AND IT WASN'T EVEN FOR MAROON 5 TICKETS! It was for this thing called "Whole house room redo" and I won a key. Which means that I had to drive about an hour away to see if my key fits into the lock and if it did, I would win a buttload of furniture. Which would be cool. But, seriously, how did I listen to the radio all day long and miss that they were NOT giving tickets away?? I was so embarrassed. soooo embarrassed. But hey, on the bright side, I was on the radio! (thankfully after they edited it). YES. I am THAT Kami from Coralville. Don't be afraid to ask for an autograph. Ultimate fist pump.
In other news, David and I decided that we needed to carve some pumpkins. I always give David a hard time because whenever we decide to do something creative he always manages to take over and take complete creative control and ends up doing about 80% of it. I don't know if I can really blame him. He is much more of an artist than I. But I told him that we were getting TWO pumpkins this year so I can do my own! We were looking up some designs online and I decided that I wanted to do Jack the Pumpkin king. David pretty much told me "good luck" because he has tried multiple times and hasn't been successful. I think I can blame the Allen gene in me... when I hear I can't do something... I want to prove people wrong! So I decided I was going to do Jack. We started out with knives and quickly found that these "instruments" were NOT going to work. Luckily David brought home his dental waxing kit because he has a huge practical exam on Monday. Who knew that dental waxing tools were perfect for pumpkin carving?
To many of you, you know that David LOVES to pop zits. Probably his one and only vice. I have heard him say that to be a dermatologist would have been another field he would have liked to go into... JUST because he loves popping zits and pinching pimples so much. The problem is that he doesn't have too many of them. So what does he do? He comes after me. I always have one on my chin and on my forehead and he just loves to give me that I-am-staring-so-deeply-in-your-eyes-because-I-adore-you look that leads into him leaning in to pinch my pimple. and you know what? I am a baby. and it hurts. So I REALY don't like when he does it. The other day he came home with a SWAG bag from dental school. Little did I know that this bag came with a nice bottle of topical anesthetic. You know, the crap they put on your gums to numb them before they stick you with a needle? He told me that he had some gel that would make pinching my pimple not hurt so bad. I trusted him. And you know what? It worked! I didn't feel a thing!!! It does make me worry, though. To what point does this end??!?

ha ha ha, you crack me up... love the pimple story!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo did you win sweet furniture...? Love your pumpkins. Last night when we were carving I told Skyler we should use his drill next time!haha funny that you guys actually did use some of the tools ,nice work!!
ReplyDelete