Ugh. There just isn't really anything fun about being in a moving truck for 3 days (EXCEPT, it wasn't all that bad. Davids funny.)
We packed up our budget truck, put our car on the dolly, grabbed needed snacks, and headed out early in the morning to start our new adventure!
David started driving first. And if anyone knows David, he doesn't particularly LIKE to drive. Our first car (well, it was my car before we got married and he got stuck with it) was a VW beetle. TOTAL CHICKS CAR. So, I think he got used to me being his Miss. Daisy because he refused to drive that beetle. Anyway, this was a welcomed surprise.
15 miles down the road David hits a duck. A DUCK. I never even saw a duck the whole year we had been living in Leavenworth??? I have never hit a living thing in the car before so this started our adventure off on a rather creepy eerie note.
THEN, we are driving through Blewett pass (probably 25 miles from our starting destination) and David is in the middle of the climb and then the truck started to go really fast. He looked at me and said "I don't see the car" all of the blood ran from his face and he turned so scary white. I had never seen him SO PANICKED. He as quickly (as partially as safely?) as he could pulled over to the side. Got out and saw the car. The stupid dolly makes the car invisible in the side mirrors??? Who's crappy invention was that? So after that scary incident the passenger was deemed as captain of making-sure-the-car-was-still-attached. Not fun. AND we were driving probably 55 the whole time. LAME.
David driving. He is so cute in his glasses.
That is what I call FLAT. and what others call Nebraska.
But, we made it. No accidents NO tickets. SUCCESS!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment