We saw them once at Project Revolution a few years ago. But that just didn't compare to the pure awesome-ness of last night.
My Chemical Romance.
You might think that this band is just for GOTHIC teenagers... AND that my mom sister and I will stick out like a sore thumb, AND you are probably right... but who cares, we had fun!!
Doors opened at 6:30. So we thought that if we got there at 6:45, we could just walk right in. Wrong. We were at the back of the line standing in the rain (thankfully we were one of three who had an umbrella) and had to wait about 45 minutes before we got in the door. The opening bands were something architects and Neon Trees. Here's a vid from Neon Trees doing Animal (the only song I knew...)
MCR came out with a new album about 6 months ago. It's good. Really good. But I am still in love with their second album. The Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge album. It's crazy and out there. Like me. You might remember some of their songs from this album like Helena and I'm not okay. I was really worried that they were only going to play songs from their new album. Which would be okay, but I REALLY wanted that second album to be highlighted.
My dreams came true. This was the second song they played - and it just so happens to be my FAVORITE.
Ya. You might not really be able to understand the lyrics... but any MCR fan can. But the point is,
LOOK HOW CLOSE WE ARE.
It was awesome. We could see every facial expression. Granted, we had to be EXTREMELY close to the people in front, behind, and to the side of us - and probably was gropped one to many times ... but again, ALL worth it.
Here's Helena. From the second album.
I am always reminded of my dad when I hear this. He is so confident that the lyric is "Because I met her in Franc-AY" instead of the actual lyric "Things are better if I stay"
He's Funny.
I was going to put two more videos up... but I think that blogger has a limit on these things? Bummer. For you anyway...
Just in case you didn't know... I love my chemical romance. and my mom does too.
Here's Kim and I on our way.
here's a pic of us before they came on...
Now I'm ready to go home. and see david. and see lucy. I miss them like CRAZY!


That's so neat that you were able to fly to
ReplyDeleteWashington to spend some time with your family and see MCR in concert!! So fun!!