David, Kami, Eli

David, Kami, Eli

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WE'VE BEEN HIT!!!!!

The Phantom Ghost STRIKES!!! 

Sunday night we were the victims of the above mentioned "phantom ghost!" We heard a knock and when we opened the door ... NO ONE WAS THERE! ooooo!!!! The only evidence that we have of the Phantom Ghost is a plate of cupcakes and .... THIS!!!
In order to be safe from harm and further attacks from the Phantom Ghost, we had to hang this on our doors and pay it forward to two other families... keeping it a secret of course. But the bigger catch was that we only had ONE night to do this!!! The game was on!! David and I spent our FHE making sugar cookies and decorating them in preparation for the terrifying attack that would occur later that night... 

Yes. These delicious cookies were made from scratch. Yes. David and I just happen to be amazing cookie decorators. Yes. This plate was recycled from the cupcakes that we received Sunday Night.... 

After we finished decorating our spooky cookies, we covered ourselves in black attire and headed out. We already knew which families we were going to "hit" ... but we had to be quick and inconspicuous to the rest of the residents in the Meadows. The first house went according to plan. I hid behind one building, and David ding-dong-ditched house #1 and ran! The second drop off didn't go so smoothly. It's simple... just drop off the cookies, ring the doorbell, and run! I did the first two steps OK, but after I rang the doorbell I heard huge MONSTROUS dogs BARK like I was about to attack. I inevitably panicked. Instead of running AWAY from the building, I ran AROUND the building. Oh crap. I was stuck here for a good 5 minutes. Which might not seem like a long time. But felt like an eternity. David had already ran away from the building. So by the time I had mustered up the guts to move from my position, I tried to search for David in the dark. I was unsuccessful. We had lost each other. IN THE MEADOWS!! 

I thought that it was an unspoken rule that if we got split up to go back home and wait for the other. So I went home... but David wasn't there!! I decided to get in the car and see if I could find him, about 1/4 mile up the road, all of a sudden I see this figure running towards my car at a full sprint. My cute husband. :) I think that by the end of our Phantom Ghost attempt, we were not as inconspicuous as we had hoped. Oh well... it sure was fun! and hopefully our families enjoyed their cookies! (Because we sure did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment